It's still small--only about two inches from end to end--but that's mainly because I kinda trampled it while revamping the garden (see my previous post).
Anyway, I learned several interesting things in the meantime: first, this isn't a blackberry cane, but a cutting from my crabapple tree. Also, propagation from stem cuttings is actually a thing, and can be facilitated by the use of a rooting compound. Using the compound, I made cuttings from the apple, redbud, and pecan trees in my yard to see if I could successfully propagate those. So far, so good.
One more note: Posting will be light this summer as I'm moving back to the Dallas suburbs. Got to be closer to my granddaughters' activities. :D